Today was the last day of my favorite program so far! I start the more advanced version of it tomorrow, but wanted to take a minute to appreciate and realize how far I’ve come in just 3 weeks (+ even while I had to take a break while I was sick!)
– I beat my score every time: Twice a week we completed as many rounds as possible of 4 different moves within 4 minutes, and I did better every single time! I loved having something definite to try to beat!
– Better hip mobility: The first time we did what’s called a “catcher’s stretch” (aka a low squat with feet/knees angled out), I felt incredibly awkward and uncomfortable. Today, I felt balanced and comfortable in that pose!
– Booty gains: This has been a gradual process for me (I blame myself for not having/buying heavy weights this year), but I finally had to go buy bigger shorts! The shorts I had got too tight for leg day/squats!
– I can touch my toes: I actually noticed this several months ago but today was feeling especially grateful for flexible hamstrings!
– I realized what I’m capable of: I’ve always known music pumps me up for a workout, but working out specifically to the beat of the music causes me to push myself harder than I ever would on my own/without it!
You might not see results tomorrow, the next day, or even a week from now, but if you keep showing up, you WILL! Consistency is key!