I’ve been skinny all my life. Many would think it’s a blessing, and I guess in some ways it is. I can eat whatever I want and it doesn’t show; I don’t need to workout to fit into society’s “perfect” body type. Basically, I can treat my body horribly and no one would know because on the outside I look the way society says women should look.
However, I’ve been there, and maybe I looked fine on the outside, but it definitely negatively impacted my health. I’ve been knocked down so many times, even if I was working out at the time.
It was so frustrating because most of the times I ran into health-related complications, I lost all of the progress I had made on my fitness journey. This happened year, after year, after year until I started doing these 5 things:
- Sleeping more: Most people need 7-9 hours of sleep every night, but most people aren’t getting that! Personally, I can’t function without a minimum of 8 hours of sleep every night. #HatersGonnaHate
- Eating less junk food: Honestly, I didn’t even cut it out completely. I simply cut BACK on how frequently and how much junk food I was eating
- Increasing healthy foods in my diet: Add spinach to smoothies, walnuts to salads or on top of pancakes, and eat more vegetables! (The last one has been a struggle because I hate veggies… More on that later.)
- Reducing stress: Whether it’s the people in your life or your job, stress isn’t worth the, well, stress! Remove those people from your life, find a different job, or work fewer hours.
- Drinking more water: It’s recommended that you drink half of your body weight in ounces of water everyday; if you weigh 120, half of that is 60, so you should aim to drink at least 60 ounces of water throughout the day. Yes, you’ll be running to the bathroom more frequently, but you want to flush your body of those impurities!
I’ve literally been SO shocked at how much healthier I’ve been just by implementing these 5 steps, and most of them were simply a result of giving myself a little time every day, rather than constantly being on the go!
Try it out and let me know how it goes!